1. Required Hardware
Creating experiences with Zoe for Unity requires you to have a computer capable of running the Unity game engine and a VR headset to test your experience.
Note: It is possible to somewhat simulate your experience without a headset, but you will need one to test all its functionalities.
Zoe for Unity is built on top of the new Unity XR framework and allows you to export your experiences to the following platforms:
- Oculus headsets
- Vive headsets (via Steam VR)
- Mixed Windows Reality headsets
Check our hardware guide for recommended configuration.
If it is your first time installing your headset, check out your headset manufacturer’s installation manual:
- For Oculus headsets: https://www.oculus.com/setup/
- For WMR headsets: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4043101/windows-10-set-up-windows-mixed-reality
- For WMR headsets (with Steam VR): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4053622/windows-10-play-steamvr-games-in-windows-mixed-reality