Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
- Download Unity Hub here and install it.
- Open Unity Hub. Select the Installs tab and click on the
- Select a version of Unity (the latest release Zoe was tested with is Unity 2019.3.1). Click
- If you plan on using an Oculus Quest, check Android Build Support; otherwise, don’t ckeck anything. Click
DONE. the version of Unity you selected is now installing. Wait until that process is done.
- Create a New Project with Template: 3D.
If you need a more detailed tutorial on how to install Unity, click here.
Install Zoe for Unity
- Download the Zoe for Unity from this page.
- Extract zoe-for-unity_v##.zip on your computer. It will reveal a .unitypackage file: double-click on it after making sure your Unity project is open. An Import window should open automatically; leave everything checked by default and press Import. This may take a few minutes.
- While importing you will see the popup window below indicating that required layers have been created. Just hit
Note: The Teleport layer is the only layer that you should be aware of. Anything placed under this layer and having a collider will be considered as a zone for the user to teleport to. See section Navigation for more information.
Once the process is done, you can delete the files you’ve downloaded and extracted from your computer. Follow the next chapters to set up the plugin correctly.
Additional step for Oculus Quest
If you are working on an Oculus Quest, you need to take an additional step:
- Go to File > Build Settings.
- A new window will open. Choose Android (the operating system the Quest is using) as the selected target platform and click on Switch Platform. Unity will now start re-converting your whole project for Android. It can take a few minutes.
Install the Example Scenes (optional)
- Download the Example Scenes from this page.
- Extract zoe-examples_v##.zip on your computer. It will reveal a .unitypackage file: double-click on it after making sure your Unity scene is open with Zoe for Unity installed (if not, follow the section(s) above first). An Import window should open automatically; leave everything checked by default and press Import.
- The Example Scenes are now being imported into your Unity project. This may take a few minutes. Once the process is done, you can delete the files you’ve downloaded and extracted from your computer.
- You can access and test these scenes in the following folder of your Unity project: Assets > Zoe > Examples.